14 Common Synonyms For ‘Meal’
How many different types of meals can you think of? There are actually quite a few synonyms in English for the word ‘meal‘, depending on the size of the meal, the time of day and how it is served. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and frustrated! But don’t worry, the most common English synonyms with ‘meal’ are here in this blog post!
When you finish reading, do the quiz at the end of this post to test your skills! And then, check out this blog post on 14 less common English synonyms for ‘meal‘.
Let’s start with ‘meal’:
MEAL (n) an occasion when you eat.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all meals at different times of day.
- I’m not very hungry. I ate a big meal at lunchtime.
- What do you call your evening meal?
MEAL (n) the food that you serve or eat at one time.
- They took us for an Indian meal in London. (They took us to an Indian restaurant.)
- She cooked us a delicious meal.
Now, test your knowledge! Which ‘meal noun’ best describes the three pictures below? (HINT: There could be more than one answer!) Write your answers in the comments box below!
Links mentioned in the video
GOOD or WELL 🤔 Adverb or Adjective? Confusing English Grammar
Improve your English Reading Skills 📖📚 Teacher’s Tips!
10 Business English Expressions You Need To Know | Vocabulary