Fun facts about Emma
- What song is most likely to lure you to the dancefloor? Africa, Toto (100% of the time)
- At a pub quiz, what questions can we can rely on you to answer? Geography (not music or movies!)
- What music do you like? I have my dad's taste in music - especially blues, roots & rock and roll.
- What is your favourite food? Uhh... This is impossible to answer! I love to cook middle-eastern, Italian and Thai food at home and I love to eat Mexican, Vietnamese, Indian and Spanish food out.
- A movie I would watch 100 times over: Napolean Dynamite, Ferris Bueller's Day Off or, anything produced by Wes Anderson.
- What's your favourite TV series? I'm all about period dramas, so Downton Abbey, Outlander, Peaky Blinders, and The Crown - all favourites!
- What's your favourite song to sing in the shower? You're So Vain, by Carly Simon
- Do you have a fear of anything? I am petrified of leeches... And speaking in front of an audience on stage!
- What does your ideal day involve? No emails or internet, a good book and sunshine.
- What car do you drive? A 1995 Lexus. LS400 😂
My life outside YouTube
You know me as Emma from mmmEnglish! 🙋🏻♀️ But there’s more to share!
I live in sunny Fremantle in Western Australia, with my partner Shah and our big, beautiful, Bullmastiff, Frankie! We live by the beach and are there almost every day. I love cycling, hiking and sharing good food with friends.
Shah & I are Co-Founders of Hey Lady!, a software platform that connects women around the world who are learning English, to a safe space to practise speaking English online.
I also love to travel and have even lived in Malaysia, Vietnam and Spain for periods of time. I truly believe that living in different parts of the world allows us all to develop humility, and a deep respect for others, particularly those who are “different”. In my experience, most negative assumptions that you have about another person or culture are based on society and the media – having genuine interactions with real people allows you to determine your own thoughts and ideas, based on what you know to be true.